27 before 27 (completed 8/27)
For the love of reading. I used to read all the time. At some point, other things started taking the place of books. Netflix. Pinterest. Facebook. TV. None of those things make me feel as fulfilled as reading a good book does. I want that back.
1. Read ten of Agatha Christie’s mystery novels. The master of mystery.
2. Read every book by my favorite author, L. M. Montgomery. I’ve read 14 so far and there are 6 left.
3. Read five biographies. Already picked my five out.
4. Brush up on American and World History. (read more here) Because it’s been a long time since I’ve been in a history class.
5. Complete the 52 books in 52 weeks challenge. I tried this one a couple years ago but didn’t quite make it (I read around 30). My best friend is doing this challenge with me this year, which I think will help keep me on track. 🙂
Skills. I need some skills.
6. Become financially literate. Stocks, bonds, 401ks, oh my.
7. Learn how to sew. Because I still have to take clothes home to my mom to fix if a button falls off.
8. Learn how to drive a manual car. K gave me one lesson a couple years ago…I think we’ve both recovered enough from that experience for me to try again.
9. Learn some geography. (read more here) If I’m going to travel the world, I better understand this. 10. Become financially self-sufficient. (read more here) I’m just about there.
11. Grow my own vegetables. “We” did grow tomatoes last year, but to be honest, that was all K. I occasionally remembered to water the plants. This year, though, I want us to have a real garden. And I am going to be a gardener.
12. Learn how to make sushi. K is awesome at making sushi. I have helped before, but I want to be able to do it from start to finish on my own.
Love, Peace, and Happiness
13. Become an early riser. I have struggled and struggled with this one over the last couple years, but I’m bound and determined that this will be the year that I become an early riser.
14. Be completely debt free. So close, so far away.
15. Take a week break from TV/Netflix and all social media. I want to live, not live online.
16. Stick with the Dave Ramsey budget system for at least a year. I’m starting this one January 1st. One year of using the envelope system!
17. Pay for a stranger’s groceries. I’m aiming to do this one next December around the holidays.
18. Start an exercise routine and stick with it for at least 90 days. Starting January 1st. I’m planning to mix it up with some yoga, walking, and dancing. Thinking about joining the Y, too.
19. Eat fresh vegetables or fruits once a day for 30 days (read more here)
20. Blog at least once a month for 1 year. If I keep up with my blog, my blog will hold me accountable for accomplishing my 27 before 27 list. (Blogged January, blogged February, missed March, blogged April, missed May, blogged June, missed July/Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov, blogged December.)
21. Marry the love of my life (read more here)
Adventure is out there.
22. Host a dinner party. (read more here) Because it sounds fun.
23. Break a piñata. Because it looks fun.
24. Go parasailing. Because it looks REALLY fun.
25. Take a trip with my best friend. (read more here) 26. Go spelunking. (read more here)
27. Attend a masquerade party. Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade. Hide your face so the world will never find you.